Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blah,Blah,Blah with Anthony Shetler

Hoi TLG members,

What you are about to read is someone who worked, damn hard to get to his place in the skateboard world with determination and well ... skill. Anthony has been that guy who would show up at a sesh ,chill and reserved but bust out style and power. Mr. Shetler has been a favourite of mine since he first got on Zoo York,but with time and change everyone must move forward and that's just what he is doing. Keep, keepin' playa. Welcome to the first of many
Blah.blah,blah's


1) For people that don't no, why the move over to the World camp?


I was offered a pro board and more money, I was hyped on Zoo but I really wanted to make the next step, and World came at the perfect time with a good offer!


2) Did you get any flack for moving to a company known for Devil man?


Not really man, the thing is I carry myself a certain way, everybody that knows me understands what I'm about, I market my life story through my skateboarding, so if World is backing me then you know they are backing someone real, every interview and graphic I puts out, talk about how I came from nothing and that I'm living a dream right now, and World is helping me do that.


3) It seems you have a big bag of tricks is there a move that always gets you in a game of s-k-a-t-e?


Ummm maybe a inward heelflip, I got 'em but I might mess that one up in a game of skate.


4) Are there any tour stops that you are doing this Summer?

I'm gonna be doing the Dew tour this summer, plus we are filming for a new World Industries video and I'm also going to Portugal in about a month.


5) In this day in age can a pro make a dollar bill?


I live comfortably, and I don't have any other jobs besides skateboarding, and I've been saving money ever month as well.


6) What tune is pumpin' the most in your speakers,flavour of the month?


Brother Ali , if you've never heard of him do your self a favour and check it out sooo good.


7) So I see you getting married,when's that going down?and will Elwood( Anthony's dog) be the ring bearer?


We are still working on a set date to get married,, I'm very excited its a big step for me, and Elwood will mos def be the ring bearer.


8) Any advice to up and comers in the skate game?


Follower your heart and if you really want to be a pro skateboarder put in the work and respect people and take your chances.


9) Where has skateboarding taken you? and what was the most memorable place/s?


Man it's crazy to think about it, I never dreamed I would have gone to as many places as I have, I've been all around the world for real, but my favourite was China, I went there twice last year, it is amazing and a complete culture shock.


10) Any Harold Hunter stories you can speak on?


Harold passed before I got on Zoo, so I don't have any stories but Harold is legit. Legends never die !!!


11) Now for the classic shout outs


I owe so many for my success, everybody in my family and all my friends and sponsors, World, fkd, thunder, solstice, no problemo, I want to give a shout out to anyone making music, such a big inspiration in my life, any one that loves life and goes hard, thank you all and thank you for this interview it means the world !!!!



Since Youtube isn't being my friend today ,check out some sick shredding by Anthony's HERE

"Keep it's Lovely"

No comments:

Post a Comment